Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My Election Night Evening

I am a member of the Labour Party here in England and last night we had US Election night party in one of the function rooms at St James Park Newcastle. It was a brilliant night with lots of support for Obama. When we first arrived we got a free drink. We all had tables which were named after states in America. We were Pennsylvania. We got burgers, hot dogs etc. I am vegetarian so had vegetable burger and chips. Ben Bradshaw who is the Minister for Health was there and made a speech. There was also a band playing American style songs and some official Obama merchandise from America to buy and a raffle. I bought a poster.

2 comments:

Monica Anthony said...

It's funny, I never really heard much about places other than the USA with people who were very interested in the election. Did you take interest in the last election too, or was it just because a lot of people around the world support Obama?

Donna Marie said...

To a certain degree but not like I have this one. I really liked Obama when I saw him talking on TV one day and just started follwoing him (not literally of course lol)and then it went on from there.